Answered By: Jim Robinson Last Updated: Sep 02, 2017 Views: 3099
Answered By: Jim Robinson
Last Updated: Sep 02, 2017 Views: 3099
- Enter your search criteria (author, title, or keyword).
- With All Available Collections selected, you can search for all types of materials at once. This includes books, DVD’s, journal and magazine articles, and other materials. (Librarian Tip: This will return a LOT of results, so, if you know you need a journal article on a specific topic, e.g. literary criticism, or written by an expert in a specific subject, e.g. a nurse, going to a database for that subject is the best choice.)
- With Books, ebooks, Video, Audio selected, you can search all for all physical books, DVD's, audiobooks in the campus libraries AND electronic books, streaming video and streaming audio (but NO articles, journals, or magazines).
- With Database Articles selected, you can search MOST article databases. This includes articles that are indexed in Primo Central, which is a large index of many article databases, and articles that are available to TCC from EBSCOhost. If you want to search an individual database, visit the database web site.
- Boolean searches are allowed.
- Once you have performed a search, there are facets available on the left side of the page.
- Click Full Text Online to see articles that are available to read or download immediately.
- Click Available in the Library to see physical items that can be checked out, ebooks, and streaming videos.
- Under Resource Types, you can filter by specific types of media, e.g., DVD or Online Video